The International Academy of ecology and medicine was established in order to implement European standards in the field of education, taking into account recent changes in the legislation of Ukraine and ratified by the Parliament of Ukraine international treaties and also developments of the best specialists in the Health field.
Today the Academy is a living organism that incorporates not only educational, but also medical and scientific research.
Academy as a higher education institution has an active position on restructuring the content and form of training, according to the principles of European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) that will allow current and future generations of young people to obtain higher medical education at the European level.
The results of the monitoring of the labor market showed that the University has a number of advantages over other institutions which operate in our state and in our region and provide educational medical services, namely:
- The University cooperates with a number of foreign countries in the training of physicians in the system of educational franchising.
- The University has the Department of anthroposophic medicine which is unique in Ukraine and works closely with the Center of Anthroposophic Medicine in Switzerland (Goetheanum). This is good for creating a holistic, comprehensive world view of the future doctor to treat a sick person.
- The University organized an in-depth study of endocrine surgery at the Center of Diabetic Foot which is a single center in Kiev.
- The University pays special attention to the impact of environmental factors on the peculiarities of the human’s disease in forming world view of doctors.
- The University cooperates with international and national health agencies and organizations, including the Thrombosis Research Institute (England), the McMaster University (Canada), the Timi Group (USA), National Science Center of Strazhesko Institute of Cardiology (Ukraine), the Association of Cardiologists of Ukraine and Kyiv City Heart Center.
- Students of the University are widely involved in research work in the Student Society. The students have the opportunity to report at scientific conferences for students and young scientists about the results of their studies.
- Professors of the University widely use latest teaching methods: simulations of global processes, psycho, discussions, etc. during the learning process.
- The students have many opportunities for sports and participation in amateur performances, themed evenings, parties and so on.
Adequate infrastructure that meets current standards (lecture halls, computer labs, library, reading rooms and gyms, etc.) was created in the University. It meets the needs and abilities of the students in obtaining certain knowledge and skills according to their abilities in combination with modern educational technology.
Research and teaching staff of the University is able to carry out the teaching of subjects of the curriculum, to conduct researches and to promote their implementation in practice competently with the responsibility.